Skip to Content (Press Enter)

English / Français
let’s stay in touch!

Join us on:

Comments… or add another

Monday, April 2nd 2012 14:11
Wonderful show of the north, try going there instead of Caribbean. Wow factor is huge.

Monday, April 2nd 2012 18:35
An absolutely beautiful part of Canada. We were there in 2009, and in spite of some high water due to heavy rains, had a wonderful trip! The flight to Tuktoyaktuk is definitely worth it, as well.

Monday, April 2nd 2012 18:43
Hey folks if you have never travelled to the Yukon then it is time you did .I have travelled all over Canada and I can tell you from personal experience that there is no greater place to get away from it all then in The Yukon.The people are so accommadating and the Territory is so rich in history that you will fall in love with it.

Monday, April 2nd 2012 18:50
The drive up the Dempster is truly one of the best and most beautiful drives in the world.

Monday, April 2nd 2012 19:54
The Dempster has stunning scenery, wilderness, grizzly bears, caribou. I was going to write that you should take several spare tires, so it's a relief to read that the road has been resurfaced.

Monday, April 2nd 2012 22:27
Travelling the Dempster highway, is a most fabulous experience. I would love to do it again, it is like nothing else. I encourage everyone to go and see true wilderness at its best.

Monday, April 2nd 2012 23:29
I've travelled to many places in the world but our trek along the Dempster Highway definitely rates near the top of memorable excursions. The geographic features all along the route are simply stunning. But, oh the mosquitoes.
By the way, why do people refer to Yukon as "the Yukon." We don't say "the British Columbia" or "the Ontario" or "the Nunavut" or "the Quebec."

Wednesday, April 4th 2012 03:01
I have lived in Whitehorse, and now Inuvik, and have travelled the Dempster a few times. It is gorgeous across seasons - in the fall (early september) the colours are phenomenal, the grandeur in the winter in awe inspiring (and you cross ice bridges, and can keep drivng on the ice roads to Aklavik and Tuk), and the summer is amazing, and a great time to see wildlife. Just give yourself lots of time. If you are travelling in the winter, aiming for late Feb or March will mean lots of daylight. You are less likely to get a flat in the winter, but there is a chance of snow drifts.

And if you are coming up here, look out for Haines Junction and Kluane Park as well - phenomenal! Really any drive you do up here is gorgeous.

Wednesday, April 4th 2012 22:23
These pictures bring back so many wonderful memories of my trip on the Dempster! The Yukon is an incredible place - I hope to return!

Pauline & John

Friday, April 6th 2012 17:17
We've travelled all our lives - been to Africa, Europe, Aus & NZ, Hawaii, Caribbean, etc including much of Canada and the US. And loved it all. But, the Dempster in 1992 was very special - the scenery, the solitude, the spring flowers, the Richardsons, even saw a family of Grizzlies. Eagle Plains, Inuvik, Arctic Red, the Delta and Tuk were such bonuses. And, did it all with a rented Chevy Cavalier, which I used to disparage, but no longer! Enjoy.

Wednesday, April 11th 2012 18:58
A wide open beautiful highway and a great experience. The vastness of the country makes one feel humble. Please edit articles to correct "the Yukon" to "Yukon".

Wednesday, August 6th 2014 22:23
I have not visited Yukon but from all these stories, I am playing to visit soon with air canada.

Monday, August 11th 2014 13:25
The Yukon was Amazing and Breathtaking
HTML tags will be removed
Web addresses starting with http:// will be converted to links