Editorial Intern, Air Canada enRoute Magazine, Fall 2015
Do you have a passion for lifestyle journalism? We’re looking for a super-creative, magazine-obsessed, travel-savvy intern to join enRoute’s award-winning team three days per week from September 2 to December 21, 2015. Working in our Montreal offices, the successful candidate will get an insider’s look at how a monthly travel-lifestyle magazine is put together. The position consists mainly of research and administrative tasks, but as a key member of our team you will also attend editorial meetings and, depending on skill level and interest, may also do some writing.
• Fact check stories and research articles in development. Interns with advanced writing skills may be assigned short articles for our front-of-book section (Passport) and for the features well.
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of how to take a story from concept to completion, from researching and pitching story ideas to editing work for the magazine.
• Provide support for the editorial team, attend weekly editorial meetings and assist with editorial awards submissions and filing press releases.
• Develop language skills in our bilingual office.
• Have solid research and organization skills; keen attention to detail.
• Demonstrate travel savvy and a flair for lifestyle journalism.
• Experience on Macs and InDesign is an asset.
• Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
• Available to start the internship right before Labour Day and stay on until the December holidays.
• Note that the intern will receive a monthly stipend.
If you meet these requirements, send a cover letter, resume and no more than two short writing samples, along with a reference letter, to (please mark “Editorial internship” in the subject header):
4200, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Please mark your application with “Editorial internship” on the envelope.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only candidates selected for an editorial test and an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: August 21th, 2015.
About enRoute: enRoute is published by Spafax Canada Inc, one of the world’s leading providers of custom content marketing solutions. Magazines published by Spafax include Air Canada’s award-winning enRoute, Fairmont for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, Experience for Bombardier Business Aircraft, Mercedes-Benz magazine for Mercedes-Benz Canada and a host of other titles, e-zines, apps and websites. Spafax is a part of tenthavenue, a division within WPP, created to bring innovative content and sales solutions to mobile consumers around the world. WPP is one of the world’s leading communications companies.