After 23 years with American Express that has taken her from Argentina to the Philippines, Jacinthe Ladouceur is well acquainted with changing business travel needs. It’s no wonder, then, that the Mirabel, Quebec, native led the company’s Global Business Travel team that helped get Canadian customers booking their travel online – for the first time.
1. What I had to learn on the fly To play on people’s strengths. I relied on my Calgary team when we co-launched a travel solution for energy companies.
2. Always listen to your customers. We hold a yearly client advisory council to see how we can make the travel experience smoother.
3. My go-to app The American Express Global Business Travel mobile app for checking flight schedules and gate changes.
4. My eureka moment Realizing the power of approachability. When employees feel comfortable, they’re more productive.
5. In my carry-on, you’ll find reading material on my next destination. I just bought a book on Peru; I want to explore Machu Picchu.
6. In business, now’s a good time to adopt new technologies. Our Expert Care solution helps travel managers quickly locate travellers.
7. The biggest risk I ever took Leading the team that started our online travel booking service; we really had to convince customers to use electronic tickets. Online bookings went from 5 percent to 63 percent.
8. My business mantra Talk to people who think differently than you do; it can prepare you for unforeseen challenges.
9. Best place for a business lunch Beaver Hall in Montreal. I love the salmon tartare and attentive service: They’re fast but won’t rush you.
10. Window or aisle? Window. I like being in my bubble: I can read, work or have a nap.