Skip to Content (Press Enter)

English / Français

Five Days on Maui

Discovering the beauty of the Hawaiian Islands.

Day 1

Early in the morning, I sign up for a trip on the outrigger canoe at the Four Seasons Maui. I’ve been eyeing the boats, which look familiar but for the supports fastened to the hull. We paddle around the reef system, and I learn that Polynesian navigators used similar canoes to make long ocean voyages. Later, a few kilometres away in Makena State Park, I find Big Beach: a long stretch of pristine white sand.

Back at the resort, I dine at Spago. The menu is a sophisticated blend of Californian and Hawaiian cuisines, and my favourite dish is the chef’s take on a Hawaiian specialty. His spicy Ahi Tuna Pokē comes in delicate sesame-miso cones that crunch satisfyingly as the pokē melts.

After dinner, I hightail it over to Mulligans on the Blue, just in time to catch Brenton Keith and His Bag O’ Tricks, a weekly comedy and magic show.

Comments… or add another

Harvey Fulton

Monday, February 6th 2012 16:04
We were married on Maui 35 years ago and would love to renew the memories of our youth. Mahola

Donald Patenaude

Monday, February 6th 2012 17:58
Looks beautiful would love to go and enjoy the scenery and hospitality.

Monday, February 6th 2012 21:05

Monday, February 6th 2012 21:17
Sounds amazing!!

Art Nickel

Monday, February 6th 2012 21:30
We are Canadians living in Toronto but we fell in love with Maui on our honeymoon almost 25 ears ago and still can't get enough. For those who want an alternative to hotels, Maui also has a large number of condo-tels that have all the benefits of hotels combined with the benefits of condominiums. Check out the Maui Kai that is one of of many such condo-tels at

Dennis Kendel

Monday, February 6th 2012 22:31
I'm heading to Maui on Air Canada with my wife of 44 years in 10 days. Can't wait!

Judy Dallaire

Monday, February 6th 2012 22:51
It has been a dream of my husband and I to go to Hawaii, the scenery is breathtaking (in pictures) and we would love to go and take in the sun, the beaches and the hospitality of the resorts that we have read the reviews on, which have been nothing only awesome!!!!

Penny Morrison

Monday, February 6th 2012 23:10
Colors of the ocean are something else! Molokai is another island that I would recommend!

Marlene Miller

Monday, February 6th 2012 23:21
Have never been to Hawaii. Would love to go but haven't been able to convince my husband. looks beautiful anso inviting.

Shirley Senft

Monday, February 6th 2012 23:52
Hawaii here we come !!!!

Ann LaFrance

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 06:42
Would love to go....

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 06:50
Hawaii to me is a dream but I hope one day to make it reality.

Bob Gibson

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 07:16
Visited Maui 7 years ago which has been the best experience of our lives.We are planning to visit the island again if we can manage it financially.

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 08:36
this place look very romantic for my honeymoon, we will be going

Carl H. Woodley

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 08:46
Maui has been our winter destination since 1990 and each year we take a day to go to Haleakala (10023 ft ASL) and another day to Hana. Both of these are a MUST while on Maui

Ken Randall

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 10:44
Kaanapali Beach near the former whaling village of Lahaina is a sight to behold. My wife and I stay year after year at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel where you a family member versus guest 3 """. You haven't experienced true Hawaiian hospitality until you've stayed their.

Rob W.

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 10:55
Last May I surprised my wife by taking her to Maui for her 40th birthday. It was amazing! I really can't say enough about how spectacular Maui is- the scenery, the resorts, the tours & activities. My wife and I still talk about what a great trip it was and how much we would love to go back.

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 11:30
Maui is a Must! We just came back from a girls' vacation (6 of us) on Maui for a week. Best vacation we've had in a long time. Absolutely breathtaking sceneries and great restaurants. We had long walks on the beach, a variety of activities and fabulous food. Pictures don't do it justice. Whale watching is awesome! I cannot wait to go back again.

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 12:06
Loved Maui on my honeymoon 25 years ago and haven't been back since unfortunately. Hope to go back soon and hike through Iao Valley State Park again - gorgeous!

Colleen Kearney

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 12:46
Trip of a lifetime 2 years ago with our 2 kids. Four Seasons was most spectacular. Our girls were treated like princesses and us like royalty. Will get back some day.

Bonnie Nielsen

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 13:13
I've been lucky enough to travel to some beautiful places, Maui is still my fav!

Diane Bridger

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 21:32
We love Maui and travel there every year. I lived on Maui back in the summer of 1991 taking a university course on the geography of the Hawaiian Islands. Just love it! ALOHA!

Marlen Buitelaar

Tuesday, February 7th 2012 23:39
Just returned from this beautiful island and want to move there. I absolutely love the scenery, surf, culture, food, history, and the fact that it's isolated from the mainland. There's something about being in the middle of nowhere that's fascinating

Wednesday, February 8th 2012 09:02
One of our staff is going on March 2nd and another employee went to Maui last year & last week just came back from Waikiki & he said Maui was the best. I plan to go in 2 years when my boyfriend will turn 65. For now we are happy to go to all inclusive every year in the Carribean.

Wednesday, February 8th 2012 09:28
We went 2 years ago for our 25th and we are returning to Maui next month for my wife's Birthday(one of the big ones ) It is the only place we have been to that we did not want to leave so we are returning ALOHA

Monday, February 13th 2012 13:30
My wife Kim and I just returned on Feb the 9th from a week in Maui. Neither of us had been to Hawaii for a vacation previously, however it will definitely be a top choice in the future. The people, the weather, the amazing islands and the relaxation....need I say more.

Monday, February 13th 2012 22:59
We have been going to Maui since 1983. Twice in 2011 so saying we love Maui is an understatement. Love all the Islands but "Maui is best"

Friday, February 17th 2012 12:12
I was in Maui in1996. The best - really loved our holidays there. I want to return in the near future.
HTML tags will be removed
Web addresses starting with http:// will be converted to links