Dubbed Canada’s Festival City for its year–round abundance of events, Edmonton always seems to have a party happening, even during its famously glacial winters. Shiny new attractions, including the ICE District – a multibillion–dollar sports and entertainment hub – and the recently opened Royal Alberta Museum, make the list of must–dos even longer.
Where to Stay
- Black and yellow modern accents at the JW Marriott Edmonton ICE DistrictJW Marriott Edmonton ICE DistrictFor the heart-of-the-action location
- Cozy window seating at the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald, EdmontonFairmont Hotel MacdonaldFor the old-school luxury
- A white pattern is overlaid on the blue walls at Corduroy Suites, EdmontonCorduroy SuitesFor the modern-B&B charm
- Brick walls and abstract art decorate the walls of the Metterra Hotel on Whyte's lobbyMetterra Hotel on WhyteFor the trendy neighbourhood
- Bold red accents for the suites of Matrix Hotel, EdmontonMatrix HotelFor the city-meets-nature vibe