Seoul’s current status as a global cultural force is so major – K–pop, K–beauty, K–dramas – there’s a word for it: hallyu (Korean Wave). But these blockbuster exports only scratch the surface: On the ground, explore the city’s exciting contemporary art, trend–making street style and food and drink scene (hipster design cafés included).
Where to stay
- seoul-shillaThe Shilla SeoulFor the fine dining
- seoul-RakKoJaeRakkojae SeoulFor the tradition
- seoul-JW-marriottJW Marriott Dongdaemun Square SeoulFor the architecture
- seoul-four-seasonsFour Seasons Hotel SeoulFor the central location
- seoul-grand-hyattGrand Hyatt SeoulFor a resort getaway