There’s more to Ottawa than politics and paper–pushing. The capital city also has the lion’s share of the country’s national museums (seven out of nine), a wealth of heritage sites (including Rideau Canal, an iconic skateway in winter) and enviable proximity to woods, waterfalls and winding trails (Gatineau Park is but a 15–minute drive).
Where to Stay
- Artsy suites at Le Germain Hotel OttawaLe Germain Hotel OttawaFor the artsy atmosphere
- The front desk of the Alt Hotel Ottawa sits in front of a multicoloured rainbow wallAlt Hotel OttawaFor a pet- and family-friendly stay
- The chic lobby with abstract art of SMR Lisgar Residence HotelSoHo Lisgar Residences OttawaFor the feels-like-home touches
- Earth tones and cozy suites at Arc The.Hotel in OttawaArc The.HotelFor the Yabu Pushelberg-designed accommodations
- A window view of Parliament from the Andaz Ottawa Byward Market suitesAndaz Ottawa ByWard MarketFor the food-and-drink scene