- Local Time
Yes, Mumbai vibrates with all the verve you’d expect from India’s biggest, wealthiest and most glamorous city (it’s the birthplace of Bollywood, after all). Grab a vada pav (a fried potato ball in a bun, the most popular street snack) and explore the colonial‑era architecture. The coastal coordinates also mean there’s sand, surf and seaside sunset views, plus Elephanta Island’s forests and cave temples are but a ferry ride away.
Where to stay
- Hotel bed in La Sutra in Mumbai, IndiaLe SutraFor a more mellow location
- Hotel bed at The Trident, Nariman Point in Mumbai, IndiaThe Trident, Nariman PointFor the seaside setting
- Cozy hotel bed at Abode in Mumbai, IndiaAbodeFor a boutique space downtown
- Dining room at the St. Regis in Mumbai, IndiaSt. Regis MumbaiFor the new luxury
- Exterior of The Taj Mahal Palace in Mumbai, IndiaThe Taj Mahal Palace, MumbaiFor the historic splendour