In this land of bratwurst and biergartens, a new moniker for the former medieval town is being bandied about: the Silicon Valley of Germany. The tech start–up scene aside, the Bavarian capital retains an old–school cool, with its love of Christmas markets, dirndls and, of course, Oktoberfest.
Where to Stay
- Stylish hotel bed at the 25Hours Hotel Munich The Royal Bavarian in Munich, Germany25hours Hotel Munich The Royal BavarianFor the trendy design
- A bed suspended by chains from the ceiling of a room at the Flushing Meadows in MunichThe Flushing MeadowsFor the views
- Luxurious room at Beyond in Munich, GermanyBeyondFor the personal attention
- Lobby inside of Aloft in Munich, GermanyAloft MunichFor accessible comfort
- Comfortable and charming suites at the Hotel München Palace in MunichHotel München PalaceFor the retreat-like atmosphere