Despite being relatively young (it was founded in 1909), Tel Aviv already has a historic claim to fame: It’s home to the world’s largest collection of Bauhaus buildings – some 4,000 – earning its White City area a UNESCO World Heritage Site designation. A more modern energy fuels the nightlife and 24/7 culture, making the Mediterranean destination an It spot for bons vivants.
where to stay
- The Norman Tel AvivFor the 1920s elegance
- Port Hotel Tel AvivFor the nightlife
- Hotel MontefioreFor art-deco vibes
- The Poli HouseFor the design cred and affordable rates
- The Carlton Tel AvivFor the beachfront access
- The DiaghilevFor the local art